This collection of articles serves as practical and realistic advice for getting your music heard by more people using the Internet. We also provide insight and try to bring clarity to the tools and resources available to indie, DIY musicians online.
In a digital era where things change rapidly, it is important for artists and musicians to become more entrepreneurial in mind and in spirit. The creative ones getting ahead right now are the Musicpreneurs and Artistpreneurs who grab the reigns of their careers and figure out how to advance to the next step.
Bret and myself obviously run this site as a music blog, but you we are also musicians, songwriters, producers, and engineers. This, by default, makes You and us music promoters. We share the same struggle.
With that said, we play the role of music blogger as much as we play the role of diy, indie musician…simply trying to be heard while building a tribe around our music and eventually making money from our art/passion.
We share our research and experiences with you in articles, slideshows, podcast and videos. A running list of links is below so be sure to bookmark this page to keep it as a reference. Also find us on social media. Use the hashtags #mtmtips or #mtmfriends to quickly find our posts.
You can download these articles plus a few bonus ones as an eBook (PDF format) or in paperback (it is also on Kindle).
List of articles (bonuses NOT included)
- How To Get Featured On More Music Blogs
- Why Your Music Is Not Getting Heard
- How To Get Your Music Heard
- 5 Valuable Resources Every Musician Needs To Know About
- Is Your Music Career Running On Cheap Gas?
- 4 Simple Steps To Improve Your Chances At Being Featured on Music Blogs
- Top 3 Ways To Submit Music To Bloggers and Press
- What Are ID3 Tags and How To Edit Them
- Buying Fans, SEO, and Social Proof – On First Listen – Google Plus HOA Panel Discussion
- How To Improve Your Google Search Results
- 3 Absolute Musts For Website SEO, How to Keep it Simple
- Hashtags For Google+ and YouTube
- How To Set Up Twitter Ads And Get Your Music Heard
- Why NOT To Buy YouTube Views
- 5 Valuable Sites You Might Not Be Using To Promote Music
- Social Media Tools for Bands, Musicians, And Everyone Else – part i
- Expand Your Fan Base: Jump In My Social Media Time Machine
- 3 Common Music Marketing Mistakes Artists Make Using Social Media
- What Are Hashtags and How To Use Them
- How To Create An Attractive Profile